Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The Last Ding-Dong of Doom

One


I cannot sleep. Maybe I'll fall asleep at the beginning of the night, or maybe I'll fall asleep at its rosy-fingered end, but there will be vast stretches of wakefulness. I like to use these extra hours of consciousness to re-examine embarrassing things that I've done. I also like to think of all the ways that next year could potentially go to pot. Either way, it's time well spent.

Two

We just bought another car. This means that we are a two-car household. This shames me deeply. Although there is a tiny part of me that emits small squeals of delight, since I will now be able to leave work any old time I want. The car serves at the pleasure of the me.

Three

Work. Starts. Tomorrow. If I weren't so tired, I'd cry.

1 comment:

Liane said...

awww, hunky munky. it's not like work will kill you. or maybe it will. come up with a plan, man. you're so smart and funny. there's gotta be a job out there that won't dang "the last ding-dong of doom." frankly, i haven't found it. but i think you are cleverer than me. i've spent my professional life pouring coffee and ringing up expensive health food.