Saturday, April 18, 2009

"music"

Last night, n.o.c. and I chaperoned a high school dance. The pitifulness of myself.

Anyway, in addition to walking around with a flashlight and interrupting the enthusiastic grindings of many a teenage couple, I also had the opportunity to hear what the kids are listening to these days. As a pottery-loving, scrabble-playing, scotch-drinking old fart, I'm not ashamed to admit that most of it sounded like someone having a seizure on a beat box; however, I was thrilled when I managed to pick out what I thought to be very clever lyrics - Booty Stinky Leg. Though I have since been informed that the actual title of the piece is Do the Skanky Leg, I'm nonetheless excited to be hip and in the know.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

ha keri, It's Do The STANKY leg...not skanky leg :)
Ha I love you

keri said...

Oops. I'm clearly on the cutting edge of popular culture!:)

Miss you! Love you!

Martini said...

bless your heart, woman. i love granola and will definitely try that recipe.

georgie said...

I think we should write "do the skanky leg" that sounds much more hilarious!!!