Friday, May 1, 2009

Shemullet Anxiety

It has been nine months since my last hair cut, but today is the day. For those of you who were wondering, most people grow about four and a half inches of hair in nine months. Ewww.

First off, I'm a bit embarrassed. Whenever I let things go for this long (like my teeth between cleanings or my feet between pedicures), I feel compelled to begin my appointment with a slew of fairly lame excuses. I then make the situation more awkward by saying things like, "I trim it myself with kitchen shears!" or "I've been flossing - on Tuesdays!" or "I shave off my own callouses!" These statements are neither funny nor impressive.

I'm also concerned about my outfit. While it's not a bad outfit, really, I'm not sure that it's the most me outfit I could have put on today. I mean, what if they give me a hair cut to match it, and then I'm stuck looking like Meryl Streep in Out of Africa? So the pants are kind of high-waisted and the shirt is vaguely safari-esque, but that doesn't mean that I'm committed to this look. It was just a sartorial fluke.

I'll let you know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pictures please. I know you're gorgeous.