Thursday, March 19, 2009

Odds and Ends

Good morning, faithful blog readers (so, that would be hounded family members and friends, and you three dear, dear people who have magically stumbled upon the blog)! I'm off to North Cackalacky, and I'm not terribly certain that they have internets where I'm going, so I may not be back until next week. Even if I'm not able to post, know that I'll be saving up tales of Southern gothic hilarity for your reading enjoyment.

In the meantime, I'll just leave you with a few random things that haven't made it into a post.

1) I don't like soda, save the occasional fountain diet coke when I'm feeling delicate. I also don't generally find advertising effective or clever. However, I'm enamored of this new Pepsi billboard. Sodypop is genius:


I wish I had a better picture, but the sign overlooks North Ave., so it's not really in a location that invites lingering.

2) I have elsewhere expressed my enthusiasm for the bootscrape. That was before I saw this one:


That's nothing but two penises playing jacob's ladder.

3) The pussy willow aftermath:


What would you call that little pile of nubbins? Good sniglet, anyone?

3 comments:

cmjurs said...

pussins...?

megan said...

I'd like to suggest pussylettes. So dainty!

OliverDarrow said...

i like buddles.