Tuesday, March 3, 2009

technical difficulties

Good Tuesday! We had a snow day yesterday, and I fully intended to spend it working on what I hope will be a goodish post. Most unfortunately, our internets are down until Wednesday, so I'll only be able to blog clandestinely at the office, which bothers me not at all but does tend to run toward the inconvenient.

Anyhoo, in lieu of blogging, I spent yesterday reading one of my very guilty delights - historical romance novels by Georgette Heyer. If you've not had the pleasure, I highly recommend, if for no other reason than you'll instantly be able to add a bit of dash to your vocabulary. For example: After reading one Heyer novel, I'm absolutely ripe for a spree. Winter puts me in the hips, but I had a devilish good time. I'm dead put out about teaching today, particularly since all these foppish pinks and dandy bucks are only interested in trumpery and bits of muslin. But put on your patches, make your leg, and we'll have nuncheon!

3 comments:

Martini said...

I used to read her novels as a young lady. will have to pick one up again.

OliverDarrow said...

make your leg!?!
how did we ever lose sight of this gem?
you must give us more.

DC said...

balderdash!

Fiddlesticks...she said balefully...

"I must be resolute"....

Georgette Heyer is the ONLY romance writer worth reading ...no expletives...no sex...but great stories!!...kind of addictive..